These days, we use more electricity in our homes than ever. And one thing is certain—there seldom seems to be enough outlets when you need them! At Kolb Electric, we want to help your home evolve with your increasing energy needs. Our expert Maryland, Virginia, and DC electricians can install any type of outlet, anywhere, for any appliance!
Looking for an electrician “near me” in Maryland, Northern Virginia, or Washington, DC? Call us today at 877-287-1179 or click here if you need outlets for your microwave, air conditioner, washer, dryer, computer, and more.
Electrical Outlet Wiring Services
We offer outlet wiring for all your needs, including:
- Microwaves – Many older homes don’t have the proper wiring to power a microwave. We see many microwaves located over the stove and connected to exhaust fan wiring. While this may work for a while, it’s a disaster waiting to happen! Kolb Electric can provide outlet wiring for microwaves to ensure it works perfectly and safely every day.
- Portable air conditioners – It takes a lot of energy to power those portable air conditioners through every Maryland summer. In fact, many portable AC units require a dedicated circuit to supply enough power to them! If you use portable air conditioners to cool your home in the DC or Northern Virginia area and you’re constantly blowing fuses or tripping breakers, call Kolb Electric. We can wire a dedicated circuit and outlet to power your portable air conditioner so it can keep you cool without any issues.
- Washers and dryers – Your washer and dryer are probably the two biggest energy hogs in your home. In fact, most require four-wire circuits and can’t even be plugged into normal outlets! Kolb Electric can install dedicated four-wire circuits and outlets so you can use your washer and dryer right away.
- Computers – With the growing reliance on computers, it’s important to keep your machine safe from tripped circuits and other potential issues that could lead to a loss of data or, worse, a complete system crash. At Kolb Electric, we can wire an outlet specifically for your computer, so you never have to worry about losing what you’re working on when someone plugs in a blow dryer or turns on the microwave!
- Hot tubs – To be used safely, hot tubs need to have their own dedicated outlets. Kolb Electric can wire a dedicated outlet for your hot tub so you can relax in peace and not have to worry about losing heat, or worse—electrified water!
If your home’s energy demands are increasing and you need outlet wiring or dedicated circuit wiring in Maryland, Northern Virginia, or Washington, DC, call Kolb Electric at 877-287-1179 or click here to contact us today! We offer 24-hour emergency repair service.
Why Call Kolb Electric for Electrical Outlet Wiring?
We are a family-owned and -operated business serving the Baltimore and Washington, DC, metropolitan areas since 1925. We are committed to providing superior electrical services for residential spaces and industrial, commercial, and construction businesses. The valuable advantages we can offer you are great service, high-quality products, and experienced workers at a competitive price.
With six local offices, five bucket trucks, and one of the largest fleets in the Mid-Atlantic region, we can handle any size project.
Our services cover everything from new wiring to electrical maintenance and troubleshooting. No matter what your electrical needs are, we have the right solution at the right price. Our electricians are fully licensed by state and local jurisdictions, ensuring that your electrical project will be handled to exact industry and code standards.
If you’re planning an electrical project and looking for a quality job without the outrageous prices, contact us today to arrange for a free quote.
Our MD, DC, and VA electricians are:
- Courteous, professional, and punctual
- Knowledgeable and experienced
- Trained to handle any electrical issue or problem
- Accurate and efficient troubleshooters that can save you time and money
- Equipped with the latest diagnostic tools and parts
- Skilled in residential and commercial services
Schedule Your Outlet Wiring Appointment in MD, VA, or DC
When you need outlet wiring in Maryland, Virginia, or Washington, DC, there’s only one name you need to know—Kolb Electric! We’ll send a licensed, fully qualified electrician to your home to make sure the job gets done right the first time around, and we offer free quotes on all installs.
For all your electrical service needs in Washington, DC, Maryland, or Virginia, including electrical outlet wiring, contact the electricians at Kolb Electric online today or call us at 877-287-1179!
Outlet Wiring FAQs
What is a grounded outlet?
Grounded outlets are fitted with a third wire that has a huge effect on your family’s safety. It connects with the ground so that excess electrical energy can escape via a safe pathway. When positive charges have a controlled path to travel, they prevent shocks and fires.
How do I know if my outlet is broken?
Electrical outlets usually last 10 years. If yours are reaching the end of their life span, it’s time to call an expert. Your outlets need professional attention if:
- They’re not feeding power to your devices, and your breaker hasn’t been tripped.
- You see signs of heat, such as burn marks or melted plastic.
- Your outlet is cracked or chipped. This can cause a dangerous electric arc, so don’t ignore aesthetic abnormalities.
- You’re picking up a burning scent.
- Your outlet is over-heating.
- Your outlet isn’t grounded.
How do I move an outlet?
The placement of your outlets has a dramatic effect on the aesthetics of a room. When they’re placed directly behind the appliances they provide power for, wiring is easy to hide. The first priority of moving an outlet is safety, so switching off the circuit breaker and unplugging appliances is the first step. Then, we would remove the wall plate screw and those connected to the electrical wiring. It’s important always to use a noncontact voltage tester to make sure the wall plug isn’t live.
Once the wires have been pulled away, we can cut a new hole into the wall, adding an extra 12 inches to cover your new wiring. The cable needs to be fed up the wall, and a grommet will be placed into the new opening. The rest is easier. We’ll insert the box into the new wall opening and tighten the screws. Then we’ll connect the wires to their corresponding cables and test that everything works properly. Working with wiring is extremely dangerous, particularly if you don’t have electrical training, so it’s always best to hire a professional.
How many things can be plugged into an outlet?
Overloaded outlets are a serious fire hazard and can even destroy your appliances. One outlet can typically handle 1500 watts, so never plug two or more appliances into the same circuit.
We provide electrical services in:
MARYLAND: Adamstown, Annapolis, Arnold, Ashton, Aspen Hill, Baltimore, Bel Air, Beltsville, Bethesda, Bowie, Catonsville, Chevy Chase, Clarksburg, Clarksville, Cockeysville, College Park, Columbia, Damascus, Dundalk, Elkridge, Ellicott City, Frederick, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Glen Burnie, Hagerstown, Hampstead, Hyattsville, Ijamsville, Jessup, Kensington, La Plata, Lanham, Laurel, Laytonsville, Middletown, Montgomery Village, Mt. Airy, Myersville, New Market, Odenton, Olney, Pasadena, Potomac, Randallstown, Rockville, Sandy Spring, Severn, Silver Spring, Takoma Park, Temple Hills, Timonium, Towson, Upper Marlboro, Waldorf & Wheaton
VIRGINIA: Alexandria, Annandale, Arlington, Ashburn, Burke, Centreville, Chantilly, Crystal City, Dale City, Dulles, Fairfax, Falls Church, Fort Belvoir, Great Falls, Herndon, Leesburg, Lincoln, Lorton, Manassas, McLean, Oakton, Purcellville, Reston, Springfield, Stafford, Sterling, Vienna & Woodbridge