Your Generac generator may run fewer than 24 hours in a year, but it can be invaluable after a major storm that knocks out the power. Make sure your generator keeps you protected all year long by calling Kolb Electric for Generac generator maintenance!
Kolb Electric is a licensed Generac generator dealer. We can service your generator so it’s ready to go at a moment’s notice and will last until the power comes back on. Your generator should be inspected once a year to ensure proper operation, so if you want to keep the lights on when a summer or winter storm knocks them out, call Kolb Electric!
If you need Generac generator maintenance in Maryland, Virginia, or Washington, DC, call Kolb Electric today at 877-287-1179 or contact us online!
The Benefits of Standby Generator Maintenance
There’s no understating the importance of maintaining your Generac generator. Routine generator maintenance helps you:
- Prepare for the unexpected. Think of your standby generator as insurance. You might never need it, but when you do, you want it to provide the benefits you need.
- Avoid accidents. Leaks can lead you to not have the fuel you need during an emergency. Regular generator checkups ensure a leak never goes undetected or un-repaired.
- Automatically get power during a blackout. Failure to maintain your generator can result in unnecessary delays in power delivery.
- Increase generator efficiency. Hiring a certified generator service technician to maintain your generator ensures all components are working optimally.
For Generac generator maintenance services in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC, contact Kolb Electric online or call us at 877-287-1179.
Generac Generator Maintenance Checklist
Because generators need to be ready 24/7, generator maintenance involves much more than just lubricating the moving parts and changing the oil filter. A full Generac generator inspection includes:
- Junction box wiring, connection, and circuit board inspection
- Oil and filter change
- Coolant temperature and contamination check
- Belt and hose inspection
- Radiator inspection
- Fan and fan guard inspection
- Block heater inspection
- Battery test and charge, or replacement if battery is more than 2 years old
- Battery charger test
- Generator and engine control test
- Remote start wire inspection
- Transfer switch control and failsafe test
- Air filter, oil filter, and fuel filter replacement
- Engine oil pressure and running temperature reading
- Generator voltage and frequency check
- Fuel levels and lines check
- Airflow and exhaust check
When we inspect your Generac generator, our electricians perform all these tasks and more. If you want your generator to run smoothly all year long, call us today!
At-Home Generac Generator Maintenance
In addition to annual professional Generac generator maintenance, there are several steps you should take to ensure your generator is ready to cover your home during an emergency. These include:
- Weekly self-testing: Once a week, your Generac generator will run through an exercise cycle on its own. This routine may occur when you’re not around, but if you don’t think it is happening, call Kolb Electric! We can inspect your generator and ensure that everything is working properly.
- Gas line maintenance: Since your Generac generator is connected to your home’s natural gas line, it’s important that you stay top of regular gas line maintenance — a disruption in your natural gas service could prevent your generator from working properly.
- Generator organization: To work properly, your generator needs to be able to take in air unobstructed, so keep the area around it neat and free of trees, shrubs, leaves, and debris.
If you’re planning to do any digging in your backyard, be careful not to accidentally cut any lines going to your generator. Severing an underground electrical or gas line can cause your generator to fail and may cause personal injury.
For Generac generator service in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC, call Kolb Electric at 877-287-1179 or contact us online!
Why Call Kolb Electric for Your MD, VA, or DC Home?
We are a family-owned and -operated business that has served the Baltimore and Washington, DC, metropolitan areas since 1925. We are committed to providing superior electrical services for residential spaces, as well as industrial, commercial, and construction businesses. We offer valuable advantages such as great service, high-quality products, and experienced workers at a competitive price.
With six local offices, five bucket trucks, and one of the largest fleets in the Mid-Atlantic region, we can handle any size project.
Our services cover everything from new wiring to electrical maintenance and troubleshooting. No matter what your electrical needs are, we have the right solution at the right price. Our electricians are fully licensed by state and local jurisdictions, ensuring that your electrical project will be installed to exact industry and code standards.
Our MD, DC, and VA electricians are:
- Courteous, professional, and punctual
- Knowledgeable and experienced
- Trained to handle any electrical issue or problem
- Accurate and efficient troubleshooters who can save you time and money
- Equipped with the latest diagnostic tools and parts
- Skilled in residential and commercial services
Still have questions? Check out our Residential Frequently Asked Questions Page for advice from our expert electricians!
For all your Generac generator service needs in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC, contact the electricians at Kolb Electric today at 877-287-1179 or contact us online!