Your Choice for Electrical Panel Installation in the DC Area
If your home’s electrical system was put in place 20, 30, or even 40 years ago, it may not be strong enough to handle the vastly increased electrical demands of your life. At Kolb Electric, we can perform what’s called a “heavy up,” increasing your home’s electrical service capacity to run all of your devices and appliances safely and reliably. We are available around the clock to handle any electrical jobs you need.
For more information or to schedule an electrical heavy up, call us today at 877-287-1179 or contact us online!
What Is a Heavy Up?
A heavy up is an increase in the amperage (power) of your main electrical service. For instance, you may be putting in a home office or a new electric range, both of which require more power. We can increase the number of amps in your home; for example, we can increase your power from 100 amps to 200 amps to provide the level of power that your home may need. This essential service is needed so that older homes can have the power necessary to run modern electronics.
When you’re ready to have the power you need for your home or business, contact us for heavy ups in MD, VA, or DC!
Why Should You Call a Professional Electrician for a Heavy Up?
Upgrading your electrical panel has numerous benefits, including:
- Better Electrical Performance – Do your lights flicker when you turn on certain appliances? Does your breaker trip frequently for no apparent reason? A heavy up will take care of these problems, providing a more consistent energy supply throughout your home.
- Improved Electrical System Safety – While most new electrical panels are designed with safety in mind, the same can’t always be said for panels built 30 years ago. Overloading the electrical panel can lead to major fire hazards, many of which could cost you your home. A heavy up can resolve these dangerous issues and improve the safety of your home.
- Future Expansion — If you ever need to add circuits to your home, you’ll need a larger service panel. A heavy up gives you options, whether you need to really expand your electrical system (say by adding a new addition or central air conditioner) or you just need to add a few more outlets.
For a free quote on any of our services, call us today at 877-287-1179!
How Much Does Electrical Panel Installation Cost?
Installing a new electrical panel or upgrading your outdated one is an expense, and the total cost varies from home to home. You may be wondering if it’s worthwhile to invest in this. If you value the safety of your home, it is.
Each year, around 51,000 home electrical fires occur, leading to around 500 deaths. The cost of a house fire far outweighs the cost of electrical panel installation ($1,475 being the national average). In addition, installing a new electrical panel to bring your house up to today’s building code will boost your potential resale value.
Kolb Electric: Your Choice for Electrical Panel Installation in Washington, DC
We are a family-owned and locally operated business that has been serving the Maryland, Northern Virginia, and Washington, DC areas since 1925. We are committed to providing superior electrical services for residential spaces, as well as industrial, commercial, and construction businesses. The valuable advantages we can offer you are great service, high-quality products, and experienced workers at a competitive price.
With six local offices, five bucket trucks, and one of the largest fleets in the Mid-Atlantic region, we are able to handle any size project.
Our services cover everything from new wiring to electrical maintenance and troubleshooting. No matter what your electrical needs are, we have the right solution, at the right price. Our electricians are fully licensed by state and local jurisdictions, ensuring you that your electrical project will be installed to exact industry and code standards.
If you’re planning an electrical project and you’re looking for top-notch residential or commercial electrical contractors “near me,” contact us today to arrange for a free quote.
Our MD, DC & VA Electricians Are:
- Courteous, professional, and punctual
- Knowledgeable and experienced
- Trained to handle any electrical issue or problem
- Accurate and efficient troubleshooters who can save you time and money
- Equipped with the latest diagnostic tools and parts
- Skilled in residential and commercial services
For all your electrical service needs in Washington, DC, Maryland, or Virginia, contact the electricians at Kolb Electric today—877-287-1179 or contact us online!
Electrical Panel FAQs
What warning signs suggest it’s time to upgrade my electrical panel?
- Your electrical panel regularly overheats
- Your electrical panel makes unusual noises
- Your electrical panel gives off a burning or hot smell
Is upgrading my electrical panel the same thing as rewiring my house?
No, your electrical panel is the main part of your electrical system and is the place where power is brought into your home so that it can be used throughout. Although your electrical panel is where your wires originate from, upgrading your panel and rewiring are different jobs.
Can I install or replace my electrical panel on my own?
When it comes to electrical services, it is not recommended to complete any installations, repairs, or upgrades on your own. Licensed electrical professionals should be the only ones touching your electricity.
We provide electrical services in:
MARYLAND: Adamstown, Annapolis, Arnold, Ashton, Aspen Hill, Baltimore, Bel Air, Beltsville, Bethesda, Bowie, Catonsville, Chevy Chase, Clarksburg, Clarksville, Cockeysville, College Park, Columbia, Damascus, Dundalk, Elkridge, Ellicott City, Frederick, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Glen Burnie, Hagerstown, Hampstead, Hyattsville, Ijamsville, Jessup, Kensington, La Plata, Lanham, Laurel, Laytonsville, Middletown, Montgomery Village, Mt. Airy, Myersville, New Market, Odenton, Olney, Pasadena, Potomac, Randallstown, Rockville, Sandy Spring, Severn, Silver Spring, Takoma Park, Temple Hills, Timonium, Towson, Upper Marlboro, Waldorf, Wheaton
VIRGINIA: Alexandria, Annandale, Arlington, Ashburn, Burke, Centreville, Chantilly, Crystal City, Dale City, Dulles, Fairfax, Falls Church, Fort Belvoir, Great Falls, Herndon, Leesburg, Lincoln, Lorton, Manassas, McLean, Oakton, Purcellville, Reston, Springfield, Stafford, Sterling, Vienna, Woodbridge