Keeping up with your home can often be a full time job. From ensuring your plumbing is in good condition, to keeping things clean, all the way to worrying over your electrical and HVAC systems, you stay busy to stay on top of things. And still there’s so much you can’t get to! You need a better way. A service that can see your home in all its detail, and catch problems now rather than when they become stressfully large. You need experts with infrared thermography services! At Kolb Electric we’re glad to offer clients revolutionary inspections using thermography equipment, helping you keep your home in perfect condition.
The certified and licensed electricians at Kolb Electric have been serving homeowners since 1925. We offer dependable and cost-efficient solutions throughout Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia, including state-of-the-art electrical inspections. We want to help you save money, save time, and keep your home in top shape, and our infrared thermography service is the perfect way to bring it to you.
To schedule your appointment with our infrared thermography experts in Maryland, Northern Virginia, and Washington, DC, contact us online or by phone at 877-287-1179 today!
What Is Infrared Thermography?
Thermography seeks to locate problems in your home by examining things via specialized cameras that see heat signatures. The service takes a look at your home’s exterior and interior both, using the camera equipment to look for and locate areas of the home where you might be losing heat where you don’t want to, or gaining outdoor temperatures via poor insulation and other issues.
What to Expect from Your Infrared Thermography Inspection
During your thermographic inspection, your electrician will use an infrared camera to check for:
- Faulty wiring, breakers and fuses
- Moisture spots
- Hidden mold and mildew
- Leaky pipes and ducts
- Leaks in the roof and ceilings
- Cracks in the foundation
- Spots where you’re losing heat and energy
- Potential structural integrity problems
- Inadequate insulation
- Problems with your ventilation
- Potential termite infestations
- Potential spots where other pests may live
Thorough Home Inspections with Kolb Electric
Our experts are specially trained in the use of thermographic equipment and stand ready to help you figure out where your home needs help. Our inspections are complete and thorough, meaning we’ll check your home from top to bottom. We use our cutting-edge equipment to look for:
- Water leaks: using an infrared camera to scan the inside of your home can reveal moisture leakage around plumbing systems, the roof, any windows, etc. Areas with more moisture will appear darker than surrounding warmer, dry areas.
- Insulation deficiencies: our scanners will reveal large temperature differences within your home where insulation is deficient or absent.
- Roof leaks: we’ll be able to spot water and moisture intrusion and accumulation below the surface or your roof, which can help you pinpoint leaks and lessen their effects before they do major damage to your home.
- Electrical systems: one of the best things about an infrared thermography scan is that it helps you see any deficiencies in your electrical systems, including loose connections that could cause certain appliances to run inefficiently (or to not run at all).
- Structural issues: finally, infrared thermography scans will help locate structural issues within your home, including poor heat transfer, bad conductivity, and more. Our infrared camera inspection may even be able to detect missing or damaged structural components.
Infrared Thermographic Inspections by Certified Experts
By contacting Kolb Electric for an infrared thermographic inspection, you can rest assured that your service will be provided by a trained, certified, and professional thermographic inspections conform to safety standards established by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), as well as performance and reporting standards recommended by the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM).
The Benefits of Infrared Thermography Inspections
When combined with other home inspection services infrared thermography can help our experts see issues that are otherwise invisible. But you stand to gain a whole lot more than just a good look at your home! Through infrared inspections you can gain:
- A safer home. Issues like problems with the home foundation or electrical deficiencies can present very real risks to homeowners, and many of these issues go completely unchecked for years. But with an inspection we can locate and remedy these, helping you stay safe and sure in your home.
- Cost prevention. Catching an issue early on is always more cost-efficient than finding out when things have progressed too far. With an inspection you can identify risks and get them serviced while they’re at their most treatable.
- Water damage prevention. Few things can harm your home so completely and yet invisibly than water leaks or intrusion. Save yourself the cost and health risks of mold infestation and sagging walls!
- Better home comfort. By finding out where your insulation is weakest we can help you address energy and thermal transfer issues, which can lead to a much more comfortable and happy home.
- Quick and efficient problem solving. While the technology might sound fancy, the process is remarkably simple. We can perform thermography inspections right alongside our other inspection services, and the process takes very little time!
Why Call Kolb Electric for Your Infrared Camera Inspection?
We are a family owned and operated business that has been providing the Baltimore and Washington, DC Metropolitan areas with comprehensive electrical inspections since 1925. We are committed to providing superior electrical services for residential spaces, as well as industrial, commercial, and construction businesses. The valuable advantages we can offer you are great service, high quality products, and experienced workers at a competitive price.
With six local offices, five bucket trucks, and one of the largest fleets in the Mid-Atlantic Region, we are able handle any size project.
Our services cover everything from new wiring to electrical maintenance and troubleshooting. No matter what your electrical needs are, we have the right solution, at the right price. Our electricians are fully licensed by state and local jurisdictions, assuring you that your electrical project will be installed to exact industry and code standards.
If you’re planning an electrical project and you’re looking for a quality thermography inspection without the outrageous prices, contact us today to schedule an appointment.
Our MD, DC, and VA Electricians Are…
- Courteous, professional, and punctual
- Knowledgeable and experienced
- Trained to handle any electrical issue or problem
- Accurate and efficient troubleshooters that can save you time and money
- Equipped with the latest diagnostic tools and parts
- Skilled in residential and commercial services
Schedule Your Infrared Thermography Inspection in Maryland, Virginia, or Washington, DC
We provide electrical services in:
MARYLAND: Adamstown, Annapolis, Arnold, Ashton, Aspen Hill, Baltimore, Bel Air, Beltsville, Bethesda, Bowie, Catonsville, Chevy Chase, Clarksburg, Clarksville, Cockeysville, College Park, Columbia, Damascus, Dundalk, Elkridge, Ellicott City, Frederick, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Glen Burnie, Hagerstown, Hampstead, Hyattsville, Ijamsville, Jessup, Kensington, La Plata, Lanham, Laurel, Laytonsville, Middletown, Montgomery Village, Mt. Airy, Myersville, New Market, Odenton, Olney, Pasadena, Potomac, Randallstown, Rockville, Sandy Spring, Severn, Silver Spring, Takoma Park, Temple Hills, Timonium, Towson, Upper Marlboro, Waldorf, Wheaton
VIRGINIA: Alexandria, Annandale, Arlington, Ashburn, Burke, Centreville, Chantilly, Crystal City, Dale City, Dulles, Fairfax, Falls Church, Fort Belvoir, Great Falls, Herndon, Leesburg, Lincoln, Lorton, Manassas, McLean, Oakton, Purcellville, Reston, Springfield, Stafford, Sterling, Vienna, Woodbridge