When choosing lighting installation in Columbia for your home, office, or business, you may not realize how important your choice of lighting is. Lighting impacts every aspect of your environment – and no one knows this better than the electrical and lighting experts at Kolb Electric! Let’s go over some of our top picks for gorgeous, effective lighting.
Looking for lighting installation in Columbia? Contact Kolb online today!
Choosing Your Lighting Type
Lighting – proper lighting – will only add to everything a room has to offer. You want ambient lighting to brighten a general area, without causing any headaches with overbearing, blaring lights. You want to draw visitors’ eyes to furniture, decorations, or other items of interest using accent lighting. And, last but not least, you want to utilize task lighting to keep any potential work areas bright enough to see what you’re doing.
First off, let’s take a look at the different types of lightbulbs, and the types of light they give off:
- Incandescent bulbs give off a warm and yellow light. They tend to create a cozy, homey feeling, but have a short lifespan.
- Halogen bulbs are very vibrant, clean, and offer clear light. They are great for task lighting.
- Fluorescent or LED bulbs generally produce a cool white or blueish light, for a cleaner, more modern or professional appearance. LEDs are usually the best bang for your buck, with a far longer lifespan than other bulbs.
Now that we’ve touched on the types of bulbs, let’s delve into some types of lighting, what they are, and how they can add to your home, office, or business décor.
- Recessed lighting is installed into a shallow opening in your ceiling, walls, or even floor. Recessed lights are excellent for accent and task lighting, and they make it easy to focus light on areas of interest (for example, beneath cabinets in your kitchen to light your counter space, or against a wall to highlight some interesting artwork or photographs).
- Chandelier lighting may make or break the aesthetic of your interior design, depending on how you use it. Chandeliers make an excellent focus or centerpiece for a room. Chandeliers attract the eye and generally dominate a room’s lighting. Needless to say, chandelier lighting can be quite the attractive eyepiece, and often sets the tone for the décor around it, whether it is modern, contemporary, or elegant in design.
- Pendant lighting is simple and yet endearing, and it works great for accent and task lighting. You often see pendant lights in restaurants, hung over each booth or table, providing a comfortable light for customers and keeping the rest of the store pleasantly dim. That idea can be easily-translated to home or office environments as well. Pendant lights come in a seemingly-infinite number of styles, shapes, and colors, with unique fixtures and shades to suit almost any décor.
- Track lighting is versatile and effective; it can provide a nice aesthetic – something to look at – or simply perform its job as ambient, accent, or task lighting. Whether you’re using it to highlight work areas or a gallery of artwork, track lighting is both functional and malleable; each light on the track can be adjusted independently, allowing for a variety of interesting applications.
Lighting Installation in Columbia, Maryland
Ready to beautify your home and find the ideal lighting solutions to fit and add to your decor? Trust the professionals at Kolb to help you get the job done and done right! Contact us today to strike up a conversation, or to set a date for your consultation!