Hurricane Sandy is making her presence known in MD, DC, and VA. Downed trees, flooding, and even snowfall are causing serious problems for people in the area. Millions are without power throughout the Northeast. Hurricane Sandy is not the first, nor will it be the last, powerful storm to hit the area. This is a perfect time to consider investing in a home or commercial standby backup generator, which is a permanently installed fixture.
Investing in a Home Standby Backup Generator
Kolb Electric is a leading installer of home standby backup generators. This type of generator is permanently installed on a gravel bed or concrete pad next to your house. The benefits of investing in a home standby backup generator include:
- Continuing life as usual: Standby backup generators kick on within seconds after a power outage, whether it’s due to severe weather such as a hurricane, or other disruptions. With a home standby backup generator, food refrigeration, lighting, air conditioning, and cooking abilities are not disrupted. You and your family can continue life as usual.
- Enjoying peace of mind from theft: Unlike portable generators, standby backup generators are nearly impossible to steal since they are permanent fixtures.
Investing in a Commercial Standby Backup Generator
Here at Kolb Electric, we’ve also completed numerous commercial standby backup generators. We’ve heard the same thing over and over again from business owners in the area in terms of what they’re looking for in a backup generator:
- Avoiding lengthy business disruptions: If there is a power outage in your area that impacts your company’s building, business operations will come to a halt. In order to avoid lengthy downtime, invest in a commercial standby backup generator so you can continue business as usual until the power is back on.
- Enjoying a consistent power supply: In addition to maintaining efficient business productivity, you want consistent power supply for other reasons. The power in your building is needed to run electrical appliances such as refrigerators and air conditioning units. You want your employees to be as comfortable as possible!
- Enjoying cost savings: The costs associated with a standby backup generator are much lower than those associated with other forms of backup power. Also, the cost of replacing equipment that malfunctioned during the power outage itself can exceed the cost of installing a standby backup generator. Businesses simply cannot afford to be without a commercial standby backup generator.
Standby backup generators allow homes and businesses to continue normal, everyday operations. Hurricane Sandy is a real wakeup call to MD, DC, and VA that the area is vulnerable to inclement weather conditions. To protect your home or business from future power outages, contact Kolb Electric to schedule a home or commercial standby backup generator installation.