If you own a home in Maryland, Virginia, or Washington, DC, you likely need the services of an electrician periodically. Maybe you’ve bought a new appliance and need a new outlet. Maybe you’re adding a new room to your home or you’ve purchased an older home that needs the wiring to be updated. Whatever your electrical needs, it’s important to find an experienced electrician who can complete the job safely and effectively.
The Best Electricians:
- Complete their work on time and within the agreed upon budget
- Are courteous and respectful of you and your home
- Avoid tracking dirt into your home and clean up after they are through working
- Carry workman’s insurance, both to protect themselves and to protect you and your property
- Offer free, fair estimates
- Are available when you need them, not just during bankers’ hours
- Are licensed and certified to complete work
- Are well-versed on local building codes and know how and when to get a local building permit
Finding the best electrician possible is important to completing your job successfully, safely, and at a price you can afford. Start by eliminating anyone who is not licensed. To be licensed in Virginia, Maryland, and/or Washington, DC, an electrician needs to go through extensive training, work as an apprentice, and pass a licensing test. They also must keep current on the latest technology, code requirements, and procedures in order to keep their licenses.
However, not all licensed electricians are equal. You’ll want to ask for references from any electrician you’re considering hiring. Be wary of any companies that hesitate or refuse to offer references. You can likely eliminate those from the list of the best electricians immediately! For more information on finding a good electrician in the DC region, read our recent blog.
What Makes Kolb Electric the Best Electrician for Your Project?
If you need an electrical contractor in the DC area, Kolb Electric is the best electrician for the job. All of our workers are licensed electricians, and we’ve been helping area home and commercial building owners like you with their electric needs for nearly 90 years. We are a full-service electrical contractor, and we are happy to tackle any electrical project, from installing a new outlet to rewiring an entire house. Plus, we offer our repair services 24/7 for any emergency.
To see how what makes Kolb Electric the best electrician for residential and commercial projects in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC, check out or testimonials or call 877 287-1179 to schedule your appointment.