Scheduling regular electrical inspections is critical to the operation and safety of your major home devices. Having a licensed electrician check out all your systems can not only help prevent house fires and shocks, but will also ensure your refrigerators, computers, lights, and entertainment systems are running effectively and without issue. Your electrical inspection can also help you identify any issues with your systems before they become more severe, saving you money on costly repairs and preventing a breakdown at the worst possible time.
Your Electrical Inspection Checklist
When you schedule an electrical inspection for your home in Maryland, Northern Virginia, or Washington, DC, you can expect the electrician to:
- Check the location and condition of wall outlets
- Check wall switches to make sure that they are all operating correctly
- Check the circuit box and electrical panel to make sure that everything is connected, labeled, and working properly
- Look for signs of corrosion, worn connections, or outdated wiring
- Make sure that any GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupter) outlets are working properly
- Test all smoke and CO2 detectors
- Check any outdoor outlets
- Check the service entrance (the place where the power from the utility company enters the home)
- Check to make sure that the electrical box is properly grounded
- Provide you with a detailed report on the condition of the property’s electrical system
Upon completion of your electrical inspection, your electrician may recommend repairs for any issues they notice during the visit. Minor issues may be remedied on the spot, but more extensive problems will likely require you to schedule a separate appointment.
Get Your Electrical Inspection Taken Care of Today in MD, VA or DC
At Kolb Electric, we want you and your family to be safe in your home at all times. An electrical inspection can give you the peace of mind that comes with knowing your home is safe and all your major appliances are running properly. We can also help you address any electrical issues we may discover during the inspection, saving you the major hassle of a complete breakdown in the future.
To schedule your electrical inspection in Maryland, Northern Virginia, or Washington, DC, call us at 877 287-1179 or fill out an online contact form. We’ve been helping Mid-Atlantic homeowners like you with all their electrical needs since 1925!