Having a standby generator means that can you can keep your home or building in power when the electricity goes out. If storm season hits and your generator fails, it’s not only a nuisance but can also cause you to lose business the longer your company stays without power.
At Kolb Electric, we install, repair, and service Generac generators. If you have a problem with your unit, our expert electricians can get it fixed up fast. No matter your standby generator repair needs in Maryland, Virginia, or Washington, DC, Kolb Electric is here to help.
Looking for generator repair service “near me” in the DC, MD, or VA area? Schedule your appointment online or call 877-287-1179 today!
When to Call for Standby Generator Repair
While standby generators are generally pretty reliable, there are times when issues can arise. The most common problems requiring standby generator repair include:
- Overheating– if your generator gets too hot, typically from overuse, it can cause the unit to shut down.
- Tripped circuit – sometimes your generator can cause your circuit to trip, which will then cause it to fail. A qualified technician can help you repair or replace your circuit breaker to meet the electrical demands of your generator.
- Low coolant levels – an internal or external leak can cause your coolant levels to be low and your generator to fail. This can typically be avoided with routine generator maintenance, so be sure to invest in regular service if you aren’t already.
- Oil or fuel problems – you may need standby generator repair if you run out of fuel or if there is an oil or fuel leak, which can damage the engine.
- Improper installation – if your generator was not installed on a level surface, it may not run properly.
- Battery failure – one of the leading causes of generator failure, battery failure can be caused by a number of issues such as sulfate buildup, loose electrical connections, and a tripped breaker.
One of the most common reasons standby generators fail is lack of maintenance. That being said, there are many more reasons your generator can shut down in addition to the ones listed above.
Fortunately, Kolb Electric can help with all of your Generac generator repair and maintenance needs in Maryland, Northern Virginia, and Washington, DC—call 877-287-1179 today!
Our Other Generator Services Include:
- Home generator installation
- Commercial generator installation
- Generac generator replacement
- Generac generator maintenance
Why Call Kolb Electric for Standby Generator Repair in Maryland, Northern Virginia, and Washington, DC?
We are a family-owned and locally operated business that has been serving the Maryland, Northern Virginia, and Washington, DC, areas since 1925. We are committed to providing superior electrical services for residential spaces, as well as industrial, commercial, and construction businesses. The valuable advantages we can offer you are great service, high-quality products, and experienced workers at a competitive price.
With six local offices, five bucket trucks, and one of the largest fleets in the Mid-Atlantic region we are able to handle any size project.
Our services cover everything from new wiring to electrical maintenance and troubleshooting. No matter what your electrical needs are, we have the right solution, at the right price. Our electricians are fully licensed by state and local jurisdictions, ensuring you that your electrical project will be installed to exact industry and code standards.
Our MD, DC, and VA electricians are:
- Courteous, professional, and punctual
- Knowledgeable and experienced
- Trained to handle any electrical issue or problem
- Accurate and efficient troubleshooters that can save you time and money
- Equipped with the latest diagnostic tools and parts
- Skilled in residential and commercial services
Call Now for Standby Generator Repair in MD, VA, or DC
No matter what your needs are for commercial or residential generator repair in Maryland, Northern Virginia, or Washington, DC, Kolb Electric is here to help. Put our 90+ years of electrical experience to work for you. Call 877-287-1179 or schedule service online today!
We provide standby generator repair in:
MARYLAND: Adamstown, Annapolis, Arnold, Ashton, Aspen Hill, Baltimore, Bel Air, Beltsville, Bethesda, Bowie, Catonsville, Chevy Chase, Clarksburg, Clarksville, Cockeysville, College Park, Columbia, Damascus, Dundalk, Elkridge, Ellicott City, Frederick, Gaithersburg, Glen Burnie, Hagerstown, Hampstead, Hyattsville, Ijamsville, Jessup, Kensington, La Plata, Lanham, Laurel, Laytonsville, Middletown, Montgomery Village, Mt. Airy, Myersville, New Market, Odenton, Olney, Pasadena, Potomac, Randallstown, Rockville, Sandy Spring, Severn, Silver Spring, Severn, Silver Spring, Takoma Park, Temple Hills, Timonium, Towson, Upper Marlboro, Waldorf, Wheaton
VIRGINIA: Alexandria, Annandale, Arlington, Ashburn, Burke, Centreville, Chantilly, Crystal City, Dale City, Dulles, Fairfax, Falls Church, Fort Belvoir, Great Falls, Herndon, Leesburg, Lincoln, Lorton, Manassas, McLean, Oakton, Purcellville, Reston, Springfield, Stafford, Sterling, Vienna, Woodbridge