Recessed lighting is one of the best ways to improve the aesthetic of your home. If you’re looking to give your home a sleek, modern feel, recessed lighting is the best choice. However, it’s not for everyone! Let the experts at Kolb Electric help you find the best lighting choice for your home.
If you’re interested in recessed lighting for your home in Maryland, Washington, DC, or Virginia, contact the electrical experts at Kolb today!
How Can Recessed Lighting Help Your Home?
Aside from being stylish, recessed lighting brings many benefits to your home. When you choose Kolb Electric, you’ll find that recessed lighting is:
- Cost efficient – recessed lighting uses energy-efficient components and typically operates on a lower voltage than other lighting options. You can also install a dimmer switch to further reduce energy consumption.
- Easy to Install – recessed lighting can be installed in any room with a flat ceiling and electrical access, including sloped or vaulted ceilings, walls, under stairways, porches, patios, and even pools or ponds.
- Functional – recessed lighting can be used for more than general ambient light—it can also serve as accent lighting to showcase an architectural aspect or art piece in addition to providing brighter task lighting within a work space, such as a kitchen, home office, or garage.
- Customizable – recessed lighting trim is fully customizable to match any space, inside or out. Mirror-like reflective surfaces, simple metal or colored rings, and decorative, architectural trim designs are just a few options.
- Out of the Way – because recessed lighting is installed flush against a flat surface, its appearance is unobtrusive, which allows it to be subtly in the background while other features of the room stand out.
However, in more classically styled homes, recessed lighting may stick out against other design elements. Perhaps ornate lights may be a better investment if this is the case.