When electrical systems in your home start to get a bit wonky, it can be hard to determine when giving your local Rockville electrician a call is the best bet. You certainly don’t want to make an unnecessary call, but electricity is nothing to trifle with! Want to know how to make distinction? Follow along to find out when to contact your electrician!
Are you in need of emergency electrical services? Then don’t hesitate—contact Kolb Electric at 877-287-1179 immediately and we’ll get one of our fully stocked vehicles to your home or business!
When to Call an Emergency Electrician in Rockville
We should start by saying that any time you feel threatened or concerned about electrical safety, you should go right ahead and contact our certified electricians. Your safety and feeling of security is of the utmost importance, so it’s better to call and be sure during an electrical emergency.
Having said that, here are some situations when you definitely need professional service:
- A pesky, persistent issue. If you’ve been having an issue with a particular appliance or source of light for longer than an hour, it’s a good idea to call in your local Rockville electrician right away for preventative repairs. Whether or not this constitutes as an actual emergency depends on the issue at hand and the nature of the appliance, but it’s better to be safe.
- Buzzing and humming. Loud humming from a breaker box often indicates a faulty breaker that is failing to trip, or has poor wiring. This can be extremely dangerous and exposes your home to a wide variety of electrical failures, so get it handled immediately.
- Loss of power. Many issues can cause a loss of power. Everything from storms, to even an accident miles and miles away. To determine whether or not you need a local Rockville electrician to remedy your outage, contact your electrical provider to see if they know why your power is down. If they’re clueless, the problem is probably in your home.
- Burning or acrid smells. This is a very, very serious problem that we’ve discussed a few times in the past regarding electrical safety. Smells that resemble burnt plastic often mean there are damaged wires in your home, and this can very quickly become an electrical fire! If possible (and safe), shut off power to the area where the smell is coming from, and call Kolb right away.
- Signs of burnt wiring or overloaded outlets. If you spot blackened or brown marks around your in-home outlets, they are most likely overloading and getting entirely too hot. You’ll need professional assistance for this one for sure.
Contact Kolb Electric for your Emergency Electrical Services in Rockville and Montgomery County, MD
When you need a Rockville electrician, our certified emergency service professionals can bring you the best care and emergency service in a hurry! If you notice any of the issues we discussed above, be sure to contact us online or call on the phone at 877-287-1179.