Struggling to decide whether or not it’s time to give your trusted Baltimore electricians a call? It’s a fair question, but also one that needs a definitive answer! Just when does an electrical issue become an electrical emergency? Follow along with the specialists at Kolb Electric while we differentiate between the dangerous stuff and the just plain annoying!
For superior electrical services in Maryland, contact the Baltimore electricians at Kolb Electric today! If you need an emergency electrician in Baltimore or the DC area, we would urge you to call—877-287-1179!
When Is It an Emergency?
Home electrical systems are in use at all hours of the day, and are rather complex systems as a whole. Because of this the number of problems you can encounter are many, but a few are just obnoxious rather than insidious. If we’re talking emergencies, we would include:
- Buzzing, humming, and other odd sounds. Appliances making odd sounds, breakers that hum, buzzing from an outlet; these all indicate an overload or presence of wild electricity and can be an immediate cause for concern. Call our Baltimore electricians right away to avoid home damage and the potential for an electrical fire!
- Pungent, melty odors. The stench of burnt wiring or the smoldering beginnings of an electrical fire are unmistakable and completely unpalatable. Trust your nose and call for service now! While you wait it would be wise to completely shut off power to either the affected area, or to the whole home for safety.
- Power outages. Not necessarily of the storm variety. In the event of an unusual outage we would recommend contacting your utility provider for guidance. The problem could be on their end—a downed line, or a grid problem. But if it’s not, and they don’t have a good answer for you, it’s time to give our Baltimore electricians a call.
- Visual indications of shorts or burning. Make a habit of occasionally checking outlets and wiring in your home. If you spot streaking along walls (black or brown most typically, may be yellowish) or around outlets, it’s time to call in an emergency service team.
- Ongoing problems. If you have received electrical repair recently, or even multiple times, but the problem just keeps coming back, we would call it an emergency. Something has to be seriously wrong for an electrical problem to just keep on happening, and a professional’s skillset would be wise to pursue.
We’d like to add that any time, any time at all that you feel threatened by your home’s electrical, it is an emergency. Electrical specialists like the team at Kolb Electric, as well as your local fire department, take your safety very very seriously. If you think you maybe even might need a pro or some assistance, go ahead and give us a call! Better for it to be a false alarm than for something to go seriously awry.
Contact Kolb Electric for Emergency Electricians in Baltimore
Find you need emergency service, or just looking for more routine repair services? Call on our team today to get the service and quality you deserve! We’ve been the Baltimore area’s leading service team for years, and we’re proud to offer solutions you can bank on.