Are you thinking of installing an outdoor pool or hot tub in your Mt. Airy, MD home? Pools and hot tubs have been experiencing a surge in popularity in recent years, but because they can be dangerous to install, many area electricians don’t feel comfortable with hot tub wiring. That’s where Kolb Electric comes in! Our expert residential electricians throughout the Mt. Airy, MD area have been providing hot tub wiring for decades. With nearly 90 years in the business, we have the tools and the National Electric Code experience to have your pool or hot tub wired quickly and safely so you can enjoy it all summer long.
If you’re looking for an electrical company in Mt. Airy, MD with experience in hot tub wiring, call Kolb Electric at 877-287-1179877-287-1179 today!
Mt. Airy, MD Hot Tub Wiring Requirements
Hot tubs need a dedicated 240V GFCI circuit to safely provide them with the power they need to run. As a result, you’ll need to make sure your home is running on at least 100 amp service. Most homes built in the last 30-40 years meet this requirement, and many modern homes even exceed this with 150-200 amp service. That said, if you live in an historic home in the area, you may need to upgrade your electrical service before any hot tub wiring is done. At Kolb Electric, we can perform what’s known as a “heavy up” to get your home’s electrical service where it needs to be before we install your hot tub.
Click here to learn more about heavy ups»
Hot Tub Installation Safety Precautions
- Don’t install your hot tub under power lines – this is unsafe and in violation of the National Electrical Code.
- Avoid using underground wiring for outdoor hot tub wiring. If space restrictions don’t permit wiring at least five feet away and underground wiring is necessary, your hot tub should be installed in a rigid metal conduit, intermediate metal conduit or nonmetallic raceway system listed for direct burial.
- Don’t install low-voltage lighting within 10 feet of the hot tub, even if it is GFCI protected.
Ready to install a hot tub in your Maryland, DC or Virginia home? Click here to contact Kolb Electric!
Why Call Kolb Electric?
We are a family owned and operated business that has been serving the Mt. Airy, MD area since 1925. We are committed to providing superior electrical services for residential spaces, as well as industrial, commercial, and construction businesses. The valuable advantages we can offer you are great service, high-quality products, and experienced workers at a competitive price.
With six local offices, five bucket trucks, and one of the largest fleets in the Mid-Atlantic region, we are able to handle any size project.
Our services cover everything from new wiring to electrical maintenance and troubleshooting. No matter what your electrical needs are, we have the right solution, at the right price. Our electricians are fully licensed by state and local jurisdictions, ensuring that your electrical project will be installed to exact industry and code standards.
Our Mt. Airy, MD electricians are…
- Courteous, professional, and punctual
- Knowledgeable and experienced
- Trained to handle any electrical issue or problem
- Accurate and efficient troubleshooters that can save you time and money
- Equipped with the latest diagnostic tools and parts
- Skilled in residential and commercial services
For all your pool or hot tub wiring needs in Mt. Airy, MD, contact the electricians at Kolb Electric today – 877-287-1179877-287-1179 or click here!