For a Maryland home, having a whole-house generator on standby is the smartest way to get around power outages. The Baltimore area is known for getting hit hard by heavy summer and winter storms, and we’ve all experienced at least one power outage. If you’ve ever had to clean out the freezer after a power outage or go to a neighbor’s house for warmth, then you know just how valuable a home generator can be.
An average Baltimore home may use more than a hundred electrical appliances and devices to provide comfort, convenience, and security. Without electrical power, the food in your refrigerator spoils, plumbing stops working, and you can forget air conditioning or heating. The only way around these disasters is installing a home generator.
Here at Kolb Electric, we don’t blame you if you’ve gotten tired of lugging out the portable generator, fueling it up, and connecting it to your electrical system. It may be time to upgrade to a fully automated whole-house generator! Home standby generators in Baltimore County offer several advantages over portable generators.
Call the residential electricians at Kolb Electric today at 877-287-1179 to learn more about home standby generator installations in Baltimore, MD!
Advantages of Standby Whole-House Generators
Standby home generators provide a number of great benefits compared to portable generators, including:
- Automatic start capability.
- Permanent fixed location—no more having to drag out the portable again.
- More power.
- Cleaner fuel (natural gas or propane).
- Low running costs.
- All-weather operation.
- Functionality, whether you’re home or not.
Generac Home Generator Installation in Baltimore
At Kolb Electric, we specialize in the installation of Generac whole-house generators throughout Baltimore, MD. Generac has been designing standby generators for homes since 1959 and is the world’s leading manufacturer of home standby generators. Generac home generators use premium aluminum enclosures, which are naturally rust- and corrosion-resistant and, with proper maintenance, they can provide decades of reliable operation even in humid conditions.
Generac home generators:
- Kick on within 10 seconds of power loss.
- Feature the easiest installation process of any home standby generator on the market.
- Feature a Quiet-Test mode that allows them to undergo a weekly self-test that runs quieter than other brands.
- Are the most eco-friendly standby generators on the market today, as they consume little fuel and release few emissions.
Looking for an electrical company in Maryland who can help with Generac generator installation? Call Kolb Electric today at 877-287-1179 or contact us online for more information.
Typical Installation of Standby Home Generators
A typical home standby generator in Baltimore has three basic components: a generator, a transfer switch, and a service entrance breaker.
- Generator – This produces electricity for essential or selected systems, which may include cooling, heating, refrigeration, security, and lighting.
- Transfer Switch – The transfer switch immediately detects when power is interrupted and transfers power generation responsibilities to the home standby generator.
- Service Entrance Breaker – Providing protection to the transfer switch, internal breakers, and circuits and generator, the service entrance breaker is a very important component of your home standby generator.
Select Kolb Electric for Your Home Generator Needs in the Baltimore, MD Area
Since 1925, the residential electricians at Kolb Electric have specialized in providing quality professional service throughout the Baltimore, MD area. We are proud to be a family owned and operated business, which allows us to focus more on our customers. We strive to provide the latest technical services to all our customers. We offer 24/7 emergency service and assistance.
We also offer:
Don’t be left in the dark because of an electrical outage. Call us today or contact us online so one of our licensed electricians can install a Generac home generator in your residence.
Why Call Kolb Electric?
We are a family owned and operated business that has been serving the Baltimore areas since 1925. We are committed to providing superior electrical services for residential spaces, as well as industrial, commercial, and construction businesses. The valuable advantages we can offer you are great service, high-quality products, and experienced workers at a competitive price.
With six local offices, five bucket trucks, and one of the largest fleets in the Mid-Atlantic region, we are able to handle any size project.
Our services cover everything from new wiring to electrical maintenance and troubleshooting. No matter what your electrical needs are, we have the right solution, at the right price. Our electricians are fully licensed by state and local jurisdictions, ensuring you that your electrical project will be installed to exact industry and code standards.
If you’re planning an electrical project and you’re looking for a quality job without the outrageous prices, contact us today to arrange for a free quote.
Our Maryland electricians are:
- Courteous, professional, and punctual
- Knowledgeable and experienced
- Trained to handle any electrical issue or problem
- Accurate and efficient troubleshooters that can save you time and money
- Equipped with the latest diagnostic tools and parts
- Skilled in residential and commercial services
When you need an electrician “near me” in Baltimore, contact experienced team at Kolb Electric today—877-287-1179 or click here!