Does it feel like there’s never enough outlets in your home? If your guests always ask where they can charge their phones or your family has hardly enough space to charge all your smartphones, tablets, and laptops, you’re not alone. This is a problem many homeowners face as they rely on technology more and more to keep up with work, in case of emergencies, and to look up recipes, directions, and more.
Fortunately there’s a simple solution: installing a USB port hub. Electrical outlet ports, or USB hubs, can be installed in convenient parts of your home, like your kitchen, as an easy way to keep all your devices plugged in, close by, and all in the same place.
Electrical Outlet Placement
The USB port hub allows you to keep pace with the ever-growing demand for access to technology; your cables can be plugged directly into the port without the need for an extension cord. They are ideal in key areas of your home that are used often or where you require access to multiple technologies at once.
We recommend installing your USB port hub in your:
- Home office
- Family room
- Bedroom, by the nightstand
Benefits of a USB Port Hub
Installing a USB port hub in your DC-area home allows for smarter electrical outlet placement. Consider the many benefits:
- More attractive design. A USB port hub allows you to connect your electronics directly, without unsightly and potentially hazardous power cords, so that the area you charge your devices will look neater and more attractive.
- Convenience and ease of use. Installing a USB port hub in your kitchen, home office, or bedside tables allows you to create a convenient charging station in the places you need it most. You’ll be able to easily direct guests to a kitchen USB port hub when you entertain at home, and your family will always have access to an outlet to charge key devices, without having to take turns or unplug other appliances.
- Improved home safety. Eliminating extension cords helps reduce overloaded electrical circuits and the resulting fire hazard. It also gets rid of a major cause of home trip and fall accidents.
- Power surge protection. Most USB port hubs also include surge protection, just like traditional power strips. This way you don’t have to worry about a surge from an electrical storm or other event causing damage to your electronics.
Kolb Electric Can Help You Create a USB Port Hub for Your MD, VA or DC Home
If you need help making smarter decisions about electrical outlet placement or installing outlets in a USB port hub, call Kolb Electric. We have a full staff of licensed electricians with experience in a variety of home wiring projects throughout the Maryland, Northern Virginia, and Washington, DC areas, including installing USB port hubs. In fact, we’ve been helping area homeowners with their electrical outlet placement needs since 1925.
Call us at 877 287-1179 or click here to schedule an appointment today!