Today, Americans use more electricity than ever before. The average American consumed roughly 2,200 kilowatt-hours of electricity per year in 1950. This has skyrocketed to approximately 14,000 kilowatt-hours for the average American today. The consistent increase of consumer electronic use and energy consumption means that electrical systems could easily become overloaded and, as a result, malfunction. While the appliances of today are significantly more efficient than the appliances of the past, homes and businesses may be operating with insufficient electrical support for their modern appliances, which could be a signal that it’s time for an electrical panel upgrade.
Since 1925, Kolb Electric has provided excellent services on electrical panel installations in Maryland, DC and Northern Virginia.
Questions to Consider When Thinking About an Electrical Panel Upgrade
- Does your house have less than 200 amps available on your current panel?
- Do you hear crackling sounds or feel excessive heat from your fuse box?
- Does your current panel feature screw-in fuses?
- Do your fuses blow regularly?
- Do you often trip the breaker when you use more than one appliance simultaneously?
- Do your lights flicker often?
- Do you require more outlets?
- Do you currently use multiple extension cords?
- Are the computers at your business place protected by a dedicated circuit?
- Do your electrical devices currently not run on full power?
- Are you planning to make additions to your home or business?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, it may be a warning sign that it’s time for an electrical panel upgrade. Please contact Kolb Electric so that one of our qualified electricians in MD, DC or VA can take a look at your electrical panel. If you are unsure about the status or functionality of your panel, it is best that you do not take any chances.
What Could Happen if I Don’t Get an Electrical Panel Upgrade?
In 2007, approximately 170 people in the United States died in the workplace as a result of fire or explosions, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Experts agree that an outdated or inadequate electrical panel is a fire waiting to happen. The dangers associated with an outdated electrical system can be drastically reduced simply through an electrical panel upgrade.
Electrical panels are the heart of any electric system. You can help protect your family or your employees by upgrading your electrical panel. Kolb Electric is one of the top installers of electrical panels. Our expert electricians in MD, DC or VA can complete an electrical panel upgrade and enhance the safety of your home or business.